Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Where Has All the Warmth Gone?

Ok. Everyone sing with me to the tune of "Where have all the flowers gone" by Pete Seeger.

Where has all the warmth gone?
Long time passing
Where has all the warmth gone?
Long time ago

The weather has turned cool here the last few days. Today, I think the high was around 68 degrees Fahrenheit, and it's still August! For a guy who likes to be warm, this is not good. Two of my least favorite things about New England is the short summers and the looong winters. I know, I could live in places where winter is a lot colder and longer, but this is bad enough for me.

I'm not taking this lying down, I'm fighting back - sweats and slippers are my current attire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fair! It has been UNBEARABLY HOT here. We have been in the 3 digits more times than I care to count! Our lows have been about 95 lately (and very humid of course). And I am taking this lying down (with the A/C on & a ceiling fan going!). I am wishing for fall & cooler weather & you are complaining about 68 degrees! I would LOVE that about now. SOOO jealous.

Tech Daddy said...

I'll trade you Dawn. At least you don't have to go out for work and climb into a super-heated car for the commute home. You get to walk from one A/C cooled room to another :-). Of course, being pregnant just makes the heat feel worse (or so I've been told).

Thanks for leaving a comment.