Saturday, August 25, 2007

Conclusion of "Daddy's in Charge"

My wonderful wife returned after being gone for about 25 hours. She found us in the back yard. Today was the warmest in a few days, about 90 degrees. So we were cooling off with some water fun. Momma was greeted with a squirt from a water gun (one of the boys was wielding it, under dad's guidance :)).

Welcome home Momma!

My wife had a wonderful time, but is exhausted. She and one of her friends talked Friday night away. So instead of handing over duties as I had planned, I continued. I fixed supper - frozen burritos and cheese fries. Healthy it ain't. Momma put Ellie to bed and then put herself to bed, at 7:00 p.m.

I supervised clean up time and did the bed-time activities for the boys. They are now in bed and I'm watching TV (while writing this).

Conclusion: We survived in good form. And we are all happy to have Momma home.

1 comment:

Mr. E said...

I am glad you survived without your wonderful wife for a while. God knew it was not good to man to be alone. (Ha!) I really liked the mini-blog about how your son said he stinks...that made my day. I could see my son saying that as well. I laughed out loud. God Bless! ME