Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Guy with the Camping Chair

To have some semblance of exercise in my job as a programmer, I try to take a walk at lunch, assuming the weather's nice and I have time. I walk around our office building a couple of times. Over the course of the summer I have noted people I see regularly.

One guy always parks on one side of the parking lot where there's a little bit of grass and some trees. He backs his mini-van into the spot, opens up the rear door and pulls out one of those folding camping chairs. He opens it up under the shade cast by the open rear door (lifts up) and sits, reading a book.

I've thought that looked like a pretty good idea. Today, as I was walking, I noticed him engaged in his normal routine. However, his rear door lifts (those things that help make it easier to lift the rear door and keep it open) must have bit the dust. He had a piece of lumber holding the door up. It brought a smile to my face.

No comments: