Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"Fantastic 4"

This movie adaption of the Marvel comic book characters of the same name was released in 2005. It stars Ioan Gruffudd as Mr. Fantastic, Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman, Chris Evans as the Human Torch, Michael Chiklis as the Thing, and Julian McMahon as Doctor Doom.

These five individuals are exposed to a radiation storm while on a space station. After returning to earth, each discover that this has changed their DNA and given them special and unique powers. One of them becomes the villain, Doctor Doom and the other four band together as the Fantastic 4 and battle him. They, of course, win in the end, but it's left open as to whether or not Doctor Doom will return for the sequel. Since I have not seen Rise of the Silver Surfer yet, I don't know if he does or not.

I found it to be a good, solid movie. It's not spectacular nor is the storyline top notch, but it was entertaining and I did not feel like I wasted my time. I would not mind owning this movie, though it will not be on the top of my "to buy" list.

The Bottom Line
I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes sci-fi or superhero type movies and is not too analytical. It's a good way to spend a couple of hours.

No comments: