Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Light-headed

That's what I was feeling this evening after half an hour of blowing bubbles with the kids. It was kind of like trying to blow up an air mattress with just your trusty lung power, only it takes longer to happen. I used to think those bubble machines that blow lots of bubbles took the fun out of blowing bubbles. I'm rethinking my position. With two kids who love to chase and pop bubbles and one who will join them next year, that's a lot of bubbles for a dad to produce for an extended period of time. A bubble machine might be a good thing after all.

The boys got it in their minds that it would be a fun thing to pop the bubbles with their tongues. So that's what they proceeded to do. The taste did not seem to bother them. In fact, Ben was quite happy dipping a wand into the bubble solution and sucking on it. Yuck. Since the bubble solution is non-toxic, I merely suggested they probably did not want to do that but let them continue. I'm a dad. When my wife came out, she made them stop for fear that it might make them sick. She's a mom. =)

3 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

I'm the mom who will be home with them tomorrow if it cause issues in Ben's diaper!!

Marc and Charity said...

Too funny Joel. We got this bubble set the other day. It's one of those huge things that you dip in a tray. But to get it to work really well you have to move with it. I found myself getting dizzy going in circles. But the girls thought it was great. Just had to stop every once in a while to get my bearings. Hope you guys are doing well. Glad you could join us for some survival football!
Marc

Tech Daddy said...

Thanks for the invite Marc. I don't know how well I will do. I don't usually follow any of the major sports, just watch a game here or there. Hopefully I'll last at least a couple of weeks.