Wednesday, August 1, 2007

O To Be Young Again

One of the many things I enjoy about being a dad is that I get to see the world anew through the eyes of my kids. As they gaze in wonder at something or ask a thousand "Why?" questions (which can get annoying at times), I'm often reminded how much I take for granted now, with all my "wisdom", "experience" and age.

Tonight I was reminded of that again. It's a warm night, not quite warm enough for the AC, but warm enough that I got out the rotating fan for the boys' room. After I turned it on, the boys entertained themselves by talking into the fan, laughing at the resulting distortion of their voices. And I remembered back to a time when I used to spend what seemed like endless minutes doing the exact same thing.

Thank you God for the small treasures in life.

No comments: