Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I Can Hold It, I Hope

*** Disclaimer ***
The story re-counted below is true. It may gross you out, so read on at your own peril.

At work today, one of the guys on my team came back from the men's restroom and recounted what he had just observed. When he went into the restroom, the janitor was in the process of cleaning. He, the janitor, had a wad of paper towels in his hand (with a latex glove on) and was wiping the urinals clean. He proceeded next to wipe down the outside wall of the first stall, located right next to the last urinal. Then, using this same wad of paper towels, he began to wipe down the sink counter!!

Eewww! Yuuuuck! Grooooss! I'm not terribly germaphobic but this makes me not want to use that bathroom ever again. In fact, it may rule out all the men's restrooms in the office since the same janitor is probably cleaning those too. I hope my bladder is strong.

4 comments:

Amy said...

I don't even know what to say! Speechless!

Anonymous said...

YUCK! That is enough to make anyone germaphobic!

Mr. E said...

That is just nasty. Did you see the DateLine or 20/20 investigation of how the custodial staff at hotels clean the bathrooms and the drinking glasses. It makes you want to bring your own cups and glasses to use.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. Now I can worry more about your health!

Mom