Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Header: Still a WIP

I'm getting closer to figuring out the header. After fiddling around with both the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets - it controls the look of the page by controlling how HTML elements behave) and the JavaScript (programming language run within your browser that can perform actions and make decisions based on conditions), I've now gotten the image centered above the blog. In doing this, I found the magic width - 765 pixels.

Now I will just have to make sure to create my header image with that width. The one there now (on the night of 2/5/08) is significantly wider and taller than the space it's been compressed into. So it does not look as sharp as the full image.

Can you guys tell what the image is of? It's the top of our monitor. Stephanie thinks I should show more of it so that it's easier to tell what it is. If I show more of the monitor, then that means the image must be smaller and so I have less room to write the title in. What do ya think?

I'm not set on this design, it just seemed to be a little more original than some of the other things I was thinking of, mostly grabbing some clip art and composing an image with that. I can't draw, so that's out. I guess I'll just have to mull it over some more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the new look of your background and header. Much more original than the green one before! As for the monitor, it would be more obvious what it is if more were shown. However, how important is it to you that folks notice the monitor? The large lettering looks clean cut and attractive as it is, though a bit smaller would probably give the same effect.

Mom