Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rain and Burger King

Supposedly, we are well behind in our annual rainfall total. I really hadn't noticed any difference. However, it's been good to have rain the last two days. Today, it was really coming down while I was at work. I'm lucky enough to have my cubicle next to a window, so I get to watch what's going on outside. I also get visitors to my cube who want to gaze out of my window. I don't mind. They're always people I know. There are areas in the parking lot at work that are badly designed and easily flood. Last year some of the employees' cars got flooded - water higher than the bottom of the doors, motors not starting, etc. So now, whenever there is a good rain, a broadcast e-mail goes out requesting specific vehicles parked in these bad locations be moved immediately.

The down-side of the rain is that the boys do not get to go outside and play. So they get kind of stir crazy. So we went to a Burger King tonight that has a large indoor playground. All three of the kids enjoyed it and were sweating by the time we left. Ellie could not climb up the climbing structure like the boys, but she was able to do the very lowest level and also spent lots of time going up and down the steps leading down to the play area. Ben got a leg or two stuck in a gap on the second level of the climbing structure, so mommy had to go up to rescue him. I offered to do it, but she declined; I was watching Ellie on the steps.

The visit to Burger King was a success - all three kids burned off a lot of energy.

No comments: