Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Free Office Applications From IBM

If you're like me, you like free stuff. One of the many realms this applies to for me is software. If I can find a quality piece of software that is free that meets the need, I'll take that over paying for software at a retail price. For example, we don't have any of the Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.) on our home PC. We use the OpenOffice.org suite of products.

If you're not satisfied with what you are currently using, you may consider the OpenOffice.org products or the IBM Lotus Symphony products. IBM announced yesterday that they would be offering their office suite for free. Can't beat that. I have not tried their software out but one would hope with IBM behind it, it should be good if not great.

No comments: