Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day

How did you spend your Labor Day?

Mine was spent in a manner that matches the holiday's name - laboring around the house. And by "around the house", I mean around the outside of the house. I spent the day power washing the siding on the front and sides of the house and garage. The back of the house will have to wait. Will and Ben "assisted" me a couple of times. The trigger on the power washer was too hard for the boys to depress themselves, so I had to help them. Once I had pulled the trigger for Will, he was able to keep it depressed and spray the house himself. I say spray instead of wash because he was more interested in wetting the house than focusing on an area to clean it. That's all right, it's a first step. I'll get him hooked in through the fun of it, then I'll work on the productivity when he's older. It's all part of the plan.

The house needed the wash and it definitely looks better. It was good to accomplish this item on my "Honey Do" list.

No comments: