Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Things Found in the Yard, A.K.A the Dumping Ground

Our front yard seems to be a dumping ground for trash. We are careful not to litter, yet, somehow, trash of all sorts ends up in our yard.

We have found fast food cups and bags, various wrappers, bottles, beer cans, pieces of paper, lots of cigarette butts and a host of other trash. Our neighbour across the street smokes, so that could account for some of them. Most of the butts are on the edge of the yard, but we find them scattered throughout the yard too. This past week we found one up on the drive way right in front of the steps into our breezeway.

Today, when I was mowing the front yard, I noticed a mangled mass of silver where I just mowed. I stopped and picked it up to see what it was. It was a little hard to make out after going through the mangler (a.ka. lawn mower) but it appeared to be the face plate of a cell phone.!?

So I've developed a theory to explain all this. My family are pretty sound sleepers. I think that a group of high school or college guys come and hang out in our front yard in the middle of the night. They smoke, drink, eat, make cell phone calls, and trash our yard. And we don't even hear it. It's just a theory but the evidence can be made to fit the theory. :)

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

I wouldn't mind so much if they'd leave money or something useful.