Friday, July 27, 2007

An Incongruity

This afternoon as I was driving home from work, I was stopped behind a mini-van at a stop light. On the back of the mini-van was a sticker that read "Protect our children. Drive carefully." Through the darkened glass of the rear window, I could make out two ladies up front, one the passenger and the other the driver. In the middle row, there appeared to be a young teenage girl, presumably the driver's daughter. Then I noticed that the driver was smoking as she reached out the window to flick off the ash.

I thought, "How incongruous. You have a carcinogenic habit that endangers the heath of your child, yet you ask the rest of the world to protect children by driving careful. If you were really that concerned, shouldn't you stop smoking?"

No comments: