Saturday, July 28, 2007

Rubber Teeth

Only God knows what thought processes go through a child's mind. I was helping my oldest son, Will, brush his teeth tonight. He looked up at me and declared "You need to get new teeth." I said, "Oh, I do?". He said I needed new teeth due to the two small chips I have in two of my front teeth. I commented that I might be getting some when I got to heaven.

Will then commented that he did not need new teeth because he did not have any chips. I said, no, he did not need new teeth but he was going to get them anyway, referring to the fact that he would eventually lose his baby teeth and his adult teeth would grow in.

He thought about that and then said, "I will take these teeth out and keep them, and I will put in rubber teeth."

That produced a chuckle and a grin from me.

No comments: