Sunday, January 6, 2008

What Else Has This Recovering Patient Been Up To?

Last year God provided for us to be able to pay off our home equity loan (see my wife's post that includes this). As a result, we felt we could take some money and buy a new laptop for Stephanie so she could blog in the warmth of the upstairs and not in the meat locker that the basement is during the winter, and so she could blog without becoming frustrated at the snail's pace our current laptop (really a desktop due to a dead screen) has been running at.

I ordered the laptop a week or so before Christmas and it was due to be delivered this past Friday (which it was). Since I'm the geek member of this marriage, it was my job to configure the laptop and install all the necessary software (it came with pretty much just the operation system installed).

So over the last week (and actually before that) I've been planning and researching how I want to configure the operation system and finalizing what should be installed on it. Other than the operating system, all the software on the laptop came free with it (Microsoft Works 8.5 and two Microsoft games), was already in our possession (Money Matters, HP printer software, Nero CD/DVD authoring software) or was available for free online (firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, browsers).

So the laptop came Friday afternoon. I was not able to start the configuring, tweaking and installing until after the kids had gone to bed. Because I am such a loving husband and wanted to get it to her as soon as possible (interpret that to say I had a new toy), I literally spent all night working on it. I finally decided that the games that had not gotten installed could wait and went to bed at 5 a.m. Saturday morning, only to get up again around 8:30 a.m. for breakfast with the family.

See Stephanie's post about her new laptop. I threatened a couple of time just to make the laptop mine but decided living was more important :-).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Sally's picture. She looks elegant, and Stephanie sounds like one happy wife. Good job.

Mom

Amy said...

All night! Wow! You seemed amazingly "with it" on Sunday!