Thursday, January 17, 2008

January 17, 2008 Update

I guess it's about time that I gave an update on how things are going.

  • My tooth. I know that everyone is waiting anxiously on the edge of their seats as to how my tooth is doing. I had an appointment to see the oral surgeon Monday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. So I walk into the doctor's office and the receptionist looks at me and says, "Oh, the doctor's gone to the hospital [to see a patient]. He must not have seen your appointment on the calendar." Great, thanks for not using the two telephone numbers I supplied to you to call and tell me. Anyway, so I rescheduled for the next morning. I went in and he took a look. I was still having some fluid pooling in a fistula but since it was only a quarter of the size of the one from the previous week that he amputated, he said that was a good sign. He thought it might still be caused by the body filling in the gap left by the removal of the infectious material. So he wants to see me next Tuesday after I've been off of the antibiotics for a week. My tooth has been given a stay of execution for another week and the drama drags on. Stay rooted to this blog next week to see if my tooth gets to stay rooted.
  • Last week we had our first Homebuilder's Bible study. We had a good turn out - four other couples besides us. One couple has been married longer than we have, one couple is fairly newly married and two couples are engaged. I'm praying that God will use this study to strengthen all of our relationships, cause none of us is perfect yet. Unfortunately this week we had to cancel the study due to two couples being away and one couple calling in the day off to say he was puking. Yes, please stay home.
  • In case your interested, I think I'm in danger of becoming a computer widower. My wife now has someone else to share in her love of blogging, Sally, her new laptop. I guess I shot myself in the foot be getting her such a nice, new and fast one. I should have saved a lot of money by buying some used bargain laptop that moves slower than me shoveling the driveway. Actually, she did share Sally with me last night so that I could play a computer game - Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II. My dad got it for me over a year ago but I never could play it because we did not have a computer that met the minimum requirements. Now we have Sally. Only Sally and Stephanie are attached at the finger tips, so I have to beg, borrow or guilt her into allowing me to utilize some of Sally's CPU cycles. One day, I will have a Harry or a Lightning.

3 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

Don't let him fool ya. He's right beside me working on his work laptop. (But I have to say, Sally is faster and much prettier. And the cordless mouse! O am I in love!)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the tooth is still hanging in there. And the homebuilders study sounds great - it brings back fond memories of 4 young couples a few years back - seems like SOOO long ago. And Sally sounds really nice. Yup - you shot yourself in the foot on that one!

Amy said...

Nice picture, Joel! Thanks for sharing! :)