Gee, I never thought I would write a post exclusively about the weird facts concerning me. Thanks to my wife who tagged me, I am now.
- I have a neurosis regarding pens. I must know where all of my pens are or I start to get anxious, not a lot but enough that I will exert a good deal of effort to locate the missing pen.
- I really don't like the cold, yet I've lived in New England for ten years. Go figure. I'm the first guy to put on the long johns and the last guy to take them off.
- Similar to my friend Leslie, I like even numbers and multiples of fives (yes, another neurosis - are they contagious?). Evens are better than fives, but fives are acceptable because they are one of two halves of tens. Unlike her, this does not just apply to the volume but to any number of things. If at all possible, I choose a number that fits this criteria. Thank goodness this post is about FIVE weird things and not three or seven!
- As an extension of number three, I like things to get used evenly. For example, I like to try and rotate through my undershirts, making sure each gets worn in turn. If I put up my clean undershirts, which rarely happens as Stephanie will attest to, I will put the clean ones at the bottom of the stack so that the ones on the bottom have their fair chance at being worn. Again, this is not a really strong neurosis, so my laziness overcomes it most of the time in the example given and I don't care enough to take back the laundry duties from my wonderful wife (though, in my defense, I do assist on those occasions that I'm asked or when laundry is being done while I'm at home). It does apply to other areas too.
- I can sing "This is the Day that the Lord has Made" in three different languages. With all the people I knew at my university who could speak Spanish fluently, I should have gotten one of them to teach me and I would know it in four.
So that I'm not the lone guy on this trail of tagging, I'll tag Mr. E at Thoughts from ME and Scott at Honey, I Fed The Kids!.