Monday, October 22, 2007

When God Speaks

Early this morning, my oldest son woke me up because he had had a bad dream. So I prayed for him, had him go to the bathroom and put him back to bed. Then I went back to bed myself. I lay there, not being able to go back to sleep. As I was thinking over some things, I had a certain idea come into my head. It was a good idea. As I thought about it more, I wondered if God was try to tell me something. After laying there for about forty-five minutes, I finally decided to get up and have a prayer time.

After about an hour, I was pretty well convinced that this idea was from God. I went back to bed and slept the rest of the night. As I was getting ready for work, I told me wife that I would like her to pray about this idea. She laughed and said that she could pray about it but that she thought she knew the answer. She pulled out her journal, flip to a certain page and said, "I was praying about that Thursday and asked God that if this was from Him that He would confirm it through you."

I said, "I think He just did."

I found it really cool when God chooses to speak in such an overt manner.

Just so you know, I intentionally kept the "idea" vague and don't plan on revealing it in this post. It's not ready for publication yet, if ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is truly cool! This is an intriguing story.

Mom

Mr. E said...

Way to keep your ears and heart open to God's will! I hope God's plan is revealed in even greater detail for you.