Saturday, October 27, 2007

My Friday

This past Friday did not go as I had thought or planned. I'll give you the summary and you can go to my wife's blog to read more detail from her perspective.

  • On Thursday, when I had gotten into my truck to come home, I noticed that the alarm system was making a ticking noise. The last time it did this, I ended up being stuck at work and having to replace both the battery and the alternator. So on Friday morning when I could not start the truck remotely, when the door would not unlock via the remote and when I had started the truck and the clock time had changed, I knew that things were not good. So I had my wife take me to work.
  • I forgot that it was jeans and sneakers day at work in support of the Red Sox.
  • I locked my wife's keys in the mini-van while we were at Wal-Mart on the way home from work. No cab companies wanted to come pick me up and we could not reach any friends, so I walked 3+ miles home to get my set of keys. I was praying hard that the truck would start and would get me to Wal-Mart and back. It did start on the third attempt and did get me there and back - praise God.
I'm trying not to think of it as a bad day, since it was created by God. God had a plan. I'm not positive what it was but it may have been about keeping me humble.

Today I was going to do something about the truck but ended up not doing it because it was rainy and I was tired.

1 comment:

Future Travel, Spontaneous Love said...

Joel-
Give Kevin a call if you need a hand with your truck. He's not an expert but can be very handy when fixing vehicles! (That is if it is not already fixed)