Friday, November 16, 2007

November 16 , 2007 Update

As you've probably noticed, I've been absent from the blog world for a few days. I've been busy, mostly with reading. Last weekend while shopping for Christmas presents for others, I picked up a book for myself - "Out of Islam: One Muslim's Journey to Faith in Christ" by Christopher Alam. I finished it in two days. I will try to do a review on it soon. I picked it up 1) because that kind of biography/story interests me and 2) I thought it was another man whom I heard about several months ago and I had wanted to get his story. I found out this was a different individual, the one I was thinking about is Daniel Shayesteh.

Once I finished that, I've been reading "Mary Pride's Complete Guide to Getting Started in Homeschooling" by Mary Pride. I've gotten through about eight chapters but still have quite a ways to go. Will will be ready to start school next fall. At the same time that we got the "Getting Started in Homeschooling" book, we also got "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" by Siegfried Engelmann, Phyllis Haddox and Elaine Bruner. Stephanie has started working with Will on that. He is very excited about it. I only hope that he does not get frustrated because it does not go as fast as he wants it to.

I also got issued a different work laptop yesterday because my senior manager decided the one I had was running too slow. So he gave me his old one, which was a definite step up from the one I was using. So I've been in the process of getting it set up and customized to my likes. This one has a dual-core processor and twice the RAM I had in the previous one. I have noticed a performance difference. It has a wide screen display, which is taking some getting used to.

I'm having breakfast in the morning with a couple of Christian brothers, which I'm looking forward to. Unfortunately, I have to work Sunday morning - our fourth quarter disaster recovery test. Not too excited about it.

My in-laws fly in on Monday for Thanksgiving, so our house will be quite full. We will be exchanging Christmas presents and celebrating Stephanie's birthday next week as well. It's going to be a busy week, but it should be good.

I think that's pretty much it. Stay tuned on this same bat channel for the next bat update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had a good week, with an even better one ahead of you. So happy for you. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Love, Mom