Monday, November 12, 2007

November 12, 2007 Update

For my company, Veterans Day is a "personal choice" holiday. That means we can choose to take it on the day it is celebrated (today) or we can work the day and use the holiday at some other time. I chose to do the latter.

Since there were not going to be many people at work today, the family came in for lunch. The boys like coming to the office and having lunch. And my boss likes to see the kids. After lunch, we went to my cube, visiting people on the way. I had arranged to work from home in the afternoon so that my wife could go to an appointment without dragging the kids along. So after spending some time at my cube, I packed up and we went home.

As I was packing up, my boss graciously told me not to worry about working this afternoon. So I got to work for half a day and bank a full day to be used later. Isn't God good?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Score! What a gift!

Anonymous said...

I like your boss, even from here! Bet the kids really feel special and "big" when they get to go to your office.

Mom

Anonymous said...

The best part is having your kids visit at work.