Sunday, December 7, 2008

The First Snow, 2008

About 6:30 this morning Ben came into our room to inform us that it was snowing. I mumbled a less than sincere thanks. To be fair, we had looked at the forecast yesterday which had forecast snow, so Ben was on the look out for it. Both boys were hoping that there was a parking ban in Providence, which would mean that there was no church, which would mean that they could go out and play. In fact, they wanted to get suited up and go out prior to breakfast, that's how excited they were.

I checked a couple of web sites and even called and left a message for our pastor to check to see if there was a parking ban. So the snow would have to wait until we got home from church. As soon as we got home, the kids headed out to the backyard to play. About the time I decided to go out with the camera, Ellie had decided to come in because her clothes were wet from having jumped in a puddle that had formed in front of the bulk head. Enjoy the pictures below. Some are a little fuzzy or off center because they were taken while I was the target of snowballs from both boys. At one point I was forced to put away the camera and defend myself :-).


DCFC0037

DCFC0038

DCFC0039

DCFC0040

DCFC0041

DCFC0042

DCFC0043

DCFC0045

DCFC0047

DCFC0048

DCFC0049

DCFC0050

DCFC0052

DCFC0053
Will was not happy to have snow down his coat.

DCFC0055

DCFC0056

DCFC0057

DCFC0058

DCFC0059
Ben was not happy to have fallen face first in the snow.

DCFC0060

DCFC0063

DCFC0064


I mentioned that Ellie had come in as I went out, right? Well, Stephanie was in our bedroom feeding Sam, so Ellie was unsupervised. Below is the result.


DCFC0065

DCFC0066
She's sucking on the lid of the toothpaste tube.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

Great pics of the kids in the snow, and the pictures of Ellie...hysterical!

Stephanie Kay said...

At least it was the toothpaste cap and not one of our toothbrushes!

Tech Daddy said...

Well, who knows what transpired prior to my entrance...

Amy said...

How fun! We definitely need some more! Our yard didn't even get fully covered...

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

I am so jealous. I want snow!

Great pictures! The ones of Ellie are pretty hilarious.

Mr. E said...

Snow, what is Snow? I envy you guys. No snow yet in Texas.

Future Travel, Spontaneous Love said...

Looks like the kids were having a great time.