Monday, December 22, 2008

Blog Glob, 12/22/08

  • It looks like we will have a white Christmas this year. Over the weekend, we probably got around a foot of snow. On Christmas Eve we are supposed to get some rain/snow mix, but I doubt there will be enough rain to melt all of that snow by Christmas Day. Christmas is supposed to be fairly warm, around 50, with no snow fall predicted. However, I think having the ground covered with it counts as having a white Christmas.
  • I'm now sore and tired as a result of the first bullet point. There was a lot of shoveling to be done. I also started construction on our own sledding slope in the backyard, backed up to the climber, but that is still a work in progress as it is taking a lot more snow than I thought it would.
  • I'm going for my annual eye exam tomorrow. Yippee (said in a monotone, with no enthusiasm).
  • I'm on vacation all this week and am only work the first three days of next week. Yeah (said with a lot of enthusiasm and pitch fluctuation)!!
  • I bought myself a new computer game to play with the boys, specifically Will. It's called Crazy Machines 2 and does not involve any violence to living creatures, just to some inanimate objects. I decided to do this because Will really likes computer games, but seems to get obsessed with the ones that have fighting in them, like Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle Earth II and Age of Empires III. He seems to like this one (so do I) and has not been talking about shooting guns or arrows as a result. Ben likes it too, which I knew he would, since it's about solving a problem (or puzzle) with various parts to make something do a specific task(s).
  • My parents are coming next week for a visit. It will be nice to see them.
  • I am in the process of reading "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens to the family (which means Will and Stephanie, with Ben and Ellie occasionally listening in). After that, we are planning on watching a cinematic version of it, the one by the Muppets :-).
  • I watched Superman, The Movie, a couple of nights ago. It's still a great movie in my opinion. The next night, I let the kids watch a "making of Superman" with me. That resulted in Ben "flying" off the couches and beds.
  • Can you believe that Christmas is only 3 days away? I've still got presents to wrap!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The yearly Christmas Eve viewing of the Muppet's Christmas Carol is still a tradition in the Horbert household. Excellent choice!

Wherever HE Leads We'll Go said...

We LOVE the Muppet's Christmas Carol. It is tradition in our house to watch it while decorating the tree. We actually didn't do it this year, which means we need to watch it in the next few days so we don't mess up the tradition completely!

Enjoy your week off work. : )