Thursday, September 16, 2010

Accountability to God for what He has revealed

Deuteronomy 29:29 (New Living Translation)

29 “The LORD our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions.


I read this during one of my quiet times this week and it really caught my attention. We will be held accountable for what God has revealed to us in His Scriptures. That can be a very uncomfortable, and unwanted, responsibility. Don't we all like to do our own thing? Yet, as Peter said in John 6:68, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life."

1 comment:

Mom said...

wow! This is an awesome verse that I had never paid attention to either. But yesterday in our SS class, our discussion, ranging over the contents of Ephesians, came to the same conclusion! Thousands of years have passed but truth is still truth. This is the first time I've checked out your blog in months. I thought you'd abandoned it. Loved the "Dad's Day" video.
Love, Mom