Saturday, September 6, 2008

"The Knowledge of the Holy"

This is a book review on The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer.




Synopsis: A.W. Tozer presents the attributes of God in a concise and easy to understand way. He starts off by laying the foundation as to why we, as Christians, should seek to truly know who God is. He then proceeds to discuss each attribute.

Review: This is an excellent book! I highly recommend it and strongly think every Christian should have a copy. It's not a long book, only 117 pages, so Tozer moves quickly through each attribute. That does not mean it is necessarily a quick read though. I had to digest each chapter and sometime re-read a section to try and really understand the truths being taught.

If you don't have a copy of this book, go out and borrow or buy it today. This is a keeper for my library and one I will re-read many times I'm sure.

2 comments:

Mr. E said...

Comment on "Knowledge of the Holy" -- I will have to add this book to my read list.

Comment on "Out of Islam" -- also sounds interesting. It might have been how I was raised, but I am also suspicious about "sensational" acts of miracles or acts of the Holy Spirit. I try my best to keep an open mind, but it is sure hard to break years of teachings that the miraculas acts of the Holy Spirit through the Apostles are no longer active or neccessary in the church today.

Mr. E said...

Both of these books look very interesting. I will have to add "Knowledge of the Holy" to my reading list. As far as "Out of Islam" is concerned. I want to read it to read his conversion story, but maybe it was how I was raised, but I am suspicious of the "sensational" miracles. I was taught that the miracles of the Holy Spirit died out after a few generations into the creation of the Church. Although I belive the Holy Spirit can do whatever he wants, it is hard to overcome years of teaching otherwise. Kinda sad isn't it?