Friday, April 11, 2008

The Weather Yo-Yo

One of the worst aspects of the spring weather where we live is that it will not make up it's mind. "I want to be warm and sunny. No wait, I want to be cold and dreary. No wait..."

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day. The kind of day that makes you want to skip up the nearest elevated piece of ground and sing out loud, "The elevations are alive with the sound of music." Seriously, it was gorgeous. Hardly a cloud in the sky and in the low seventies. I took a walk at lunch and did not want to come back in. I had to take off my jacket because I was starting to break a sweat. I shouldn't have worn the jacket in the first place but old habits die hard.

Now today. It's been overcast and threatening to rain most of the day. It's been around fifty degrees, which would not seem bad in and of itself, but compared to yesterday, it seems quite chilly.

When will the weather yo-yo stop? When will warm weather be here to stay? Oh, to have several months of yesterday's weather, that would be grand! (I can dream can't I? )

4 comments:

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I cannot remember what part of the country you are in, but you've basically described the weather patterns for Indiana in the spring. I've just gotten used to it.

It was in the 70's earlier today and then the temperature started dropping...right before I led our baseball practice. By the time we were done, it was in the mid to upper 40s and tomorrow's practice promises to be worse.

It will get better soon.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your friend "Doofus". Growing up in Oklahoma, everyone used to say (especially in the springtime), "If you don't like the weather, wait a minute and it will change!" For a long time I thought that was unique to Okla., then I found out that people from all over the USA thought the same thing about their state. It is aggravating though when you're tired of the dreariness of winter.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Yup - the weather is the same here in Kentucky! Last week, we enjoyed high 70's - we were outside in shorts & t-shirts with no coat - gorgeous weather. Then this weekend it dropped down to 50's & maybe even 40's. That is certainly not very cold, but after the 70's it is pretty disappointing. So no matter where you go - you have to endure the weather yo-yo!

Dawn

Mr. E said...

The weather here has been yo-yo as well. On Monday it was 27 degrees when we woke up and tomorrow (Wednesday) it is supposed to be 60 at dawn and 80+ during the day.

At least we have baseball and some good movies to look forward to.