Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Update - 04/01/08

What have I been up to lately? Nothing really thrilling or extraordinary. This past Saturday we had our requisite pancake breakfast (the boys now refer to Saturday as pancake day rather than by its normal name). Then we worked in the yard. The boys started off helping me to rake leaves but that lasted all of five minutes.

After gathering a pickup load full of leaves, I hauled them off to the city recycle center. Lunch was then consumed, the children went down for naps and I proceeded to try and complete the audit of our church finances that I had been in the process of doing off and on for a few weeks now. That took me the rest of the afternoon and evening, with a break in there for supper, play time, kid's bath time and their bed time.

Sunday was church. We were doing the children's church. We were late in getting there because Will threw up a little bit and mommy's tummy was not feeling well. During nap time (after church and lunch, not during church), I put the new registration stickers on my truck for the next year.

After nap time, I played some Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth II. Will loves to watch me play and gets so wrapped up in it. If an enemy appears on the "radar screen" or a battle is ensuing, he'll beg me to bring it into view if I'm somewhere else on the map. It's quite comical. He also tends to lean on me as he tries to get a more head-on view of the action.

After I trounced the enemy, a victory supper was observed, some play time had and then bed time. Then I had Stephanie give me a hair cut. The big buzzer broke, so she ended up using my beard trimmer.

Moving on from what's happened to what's coming up, specifically in May. So far I've know of three movies that look very good that will be coming out in May. As you can see from my side bar, one of them is the new Indiana Jones. That's the one I'm looking forward to the most.



Another one that I would like to see is the new Narnia one, Prince Caspian.



The third one I would like to see is Iron Man. I remember watching the cartoons as a kid - not the best animation. But the trailer looks really cool.


4 comments:

Mr. E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr. E said...

I am also looking forward to those movies. I stole your idea and listed ten movies that I can't wait to see for 2008, with links to the trailers. The new James Bond film dosn't have a trailer per/se yet, and neither does the new Harry Potter movie.

Feel free to check them out!

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

My Will used to love to watch me play video games. Now he regularly kicks my butt on most of the games. However, I can still beat him in most football games on a regular basis--which really drives him nuts.

Anonymous said...

The Narnia movie is the one I'm looking forward to seeing, but Dad will prefer an action one. It's been a while since anything worth seeing was on, at least anything we like. Hope you get to go see these.

Mom