Sunday, December 16, 2007

"I Cannot Believe You Did That"

When was the last time your spouse said those words to you? After ten years of marriage, I don't often cause Stephanie to say them anymore. But I did today.

Now I have your curiosity piqued, don't I? "What could he have done to cause her to say that? It must have been something pretty bad." Well, that depends on your point of view.

I gave myself a hair cut. It was not planned but was a spontaneous action on my part. Stephanie has been cutting the boys and my hair for over a year now. She uses some cheap buzzers/clippers purchased at Wal-Mart and just gives me a buzz cut. Straight forward and simple, and it saves us a lot of money.

I've kept it fairly short even during the winter so that I can wear my knit hat without worrying about getting hat hair. Well, its been a few weeks since the last hair cut. I had even mentioned to Stephanie this past week that it was getting long and due for a cut.

Today, church was canceled due to weather and I knew I would be shoveling snow (see this post about it), so I had not shaved or showered in the morning. Once I was done with the shoveling this afternoon, I came in to shave and shower. Prior to shaving, I was trimming my beard with my trimmer and just decided to go ahead and use it on my whole head. I put the guard up one notch above the level I trimmed my beard at and started to go at it.

Stephanie was not aware of this until she overheard Will ask me what I was doing and me replying that I was giving myself a hair cut. I heard "What?!" coming from another part of the house, followed by Stephanie's appearance in the bathroom. That's when the, "I cannot believe you did that." came.

I do have to admit that the length I chose turned out to be shorter that I thought. Apparently beard hair looks longer at a shorter length than does head hair. It looked fine when I was doing the sides but once I started on the top, I realized, "Gee, that's shorter than I thought it would be." Stephanie told me to make sure that I told people that this was self-inflicted and not wife-inflicted. So now you've been told. She was kind enough to trim up around the back and my ears.

Thanks honey for loving a cue ball like me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The truth is he's been wanting to do this for years. I keep insisting that as long as he can grow hair he should keep enough you can see!

Pictures will be posted on my blog in a day or two.

He looks like a) he's sick, b) he's joined the military, c) he's joined some kind of scary racist group or d) his wife went a little crazy with the buzzer.

Thus my request that he inform everyone it was self-inflicted. :)

I love you, too, Goofball.

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I want to see the picture. I thought hair was supposed to keep you warmer in winter. YOu're goin' freeze!

Love, Mom

Scott said...

picture please.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Amy said...

Can't wait to see you Sunday! :)

Tech Daddy said...

My wife says she'll try to get a picture posted tomorrow (Saturday).

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Mike keeps threatening to shave his head. I tell him "Go ahead" (because I really don't think he will do it). Hope he doesn't get any ideas from you. : )

Tech Daddy said...

Dawn, one of my life goals is to corrupt Mike. I think the same is true of him. That's why when we get together things can start to go down hill fast :-).