Wednesday, December 5, 2007

December 5, 2007 Update

I know, the titles of my posts recently have not been very creative. I just have not been up to thinking creatively. It takes too much energy and time. I recently moved my wake up time so that I'm getting up an hour earlier, which means I'm going to bed earlier, which means I have less time to do things in the evening. I'm either going to have to try to get a little bit of blogging in at work (like this one), perhaps during lunch, or I'm going to have to designate one evening a week to be my blogging night.

At work I've been learning Perl in order to try to use it to provide a solution to a problem we have. It's been fun learning it but has taken a lot of prolonged, intense reading, thinking and experimenting (which is the fun part). There's also been a lot of intense, stress inducing activity, which I cannot go into detail about.

At home, I've been doing a lot of reading. On Sunday we saw our first meager flakes of snow. By the time we got the kids bundled up and out to catch snow flakes, they were done. They were disappointed. Hopefully we'll have some by Christmas.

For those guys who read this blog, check out this list of 25 skills every man should know and this Christmas wish list.




Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

For those who don't know, Perl is a programming language. Not that I know anything more about it. = )

Poor, Sweet, married to a computer dummy. Thanks for loving me anyway. = )

Anonymous said...

At first I thought of knitting (that would certainly be useful in NE in winter) but then I thought, no, probably not! Not Joel's kind of thing. Most likely this is a computer programming thing. Thanks for confirming my guess.

Mom

Tech Daddy said...

You're no dummy honey. Computers are just not your field of expertise. And I do love you.