Sunday, January 11, 2009

Parents' Visit

The week after Christmas, my parents came for a visit. They had spent Christmas with my sister and her family in Texas, then came to spend New Year's with us. They flew in just hours before it was supposed to start snowing good.

We had a great time. The kids really enjoyed getting to spend time with their grandparents. We had a second Christmas, which the kids of course loved. There was of course, the obligatory eating out :-). There were the snacks and junk food. There was a father-son (meaning my dad and I) electronics shopping trip to Circuit City and Best Buy. We didn't end up buying anything but it was fun to look.

The first Sunday of 2009, we took the opportunity to have a family picture taken, since we were all in our Sunday best.


Family-Christmas-2008-crop

The picture above has been cropped to remove extra background. Also cropped out was an honorary member of the our clan - Micah. He and our boys are great friends. Can you see the mischievousness on his face?


Family-Christmas-2008-marked

3 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

The uncropped picture makes me laugh every time I look at it.

Amy said...

Glad you had a good week with your parents! The cropped picture looks great! Can't imagine where Micah might have learned to be mischievous?!

Anonymous said...

I have left Micah in our copy of this picture. I love the look of mischief on his face! We had a wonderful time with lots of great memories from our week with you.

Much, much love to you all,

Mom