Saturday, May 3, 2008

Update - 05/03/08

Yes, I'm still alive. Just been busy.

Last Friday one of my best friends, Mike, flew into town for his grandmother's 90th birthday. He stayed Friday and Saturday night with us. It was good to visit with him. For Friday lunch, we met our friend Andy at Pizza Hut for the lunch buffet and that evening the three of us went to a second run theater and watched National Treasure: Book of Secrets. It was an entertaining movie and prompted me to do some research into some of the "facts" stated in the movie to find out how much of it was truly fact and how much was fiction.

It has rained several days this week, including most of this morning. I was hoping to get the pile of leaves in the back yard taken to the recycle center today, but because of the rain, that did not happen. It was also rainy on Tuesday, which was free cone day at Ben & Jerry's. I met my family and some friends at the local Ben & Jerry's store at lunch to take advantage of this event. Due to the rain, there was practically no line and it did not extend out of the door, which was great.

That's pretty much all that stands out in my mind for the past two weeks.

4 comments:

Mr. E said...

National Treasure 2 was entertaining, but to me it was not quite as good as the original. Still it was a fun show.

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I'm a sucker for the Pizza Hut buffet. It's too bad that you're having such a rainy time in the Northeast. The Midwest has been mostly pleasant with a few frigid days thrown in just to keep us honest, I guess.

Scott said...

gotta love free cone day.
What flavor did Ben & Jerry delight you with?

Anonymous said...

Where have you been? I finally get to your blog and there is nothing posted since my visit to you in April. Things are going well in KY.

Mike